CPD – Emergent Curriculum Course. April 2019
Meantóir’s Continuing Professional Development programme on Emergent Curriculum achieved glowing reports from a range of Educators who participated in the programme in Inis Eoghain and Letterkenny during March/April 2019.
The programme explored the concept of emergent enquiry based learning for children by reflecting on the child’s reality and planning for children’s individual interests. The fundamental role of the Skilful Educator was a central component running through the programme. Over 40 Educators in all stepped up to build on their professional practice with children by completing the programme.
Here is a flavour of what Educators had to say …
- Lisa from Little Acorns in Raphoe said ‘Brilliant course, opened my eyes to how to do planning in a lot easier way. You were great at explaining everything and I learned a lot’.
- Breege from Quigley’s Point Community Pre-School said ‘This course has not only helped cut out planning time significantly, but has also given us a clear method for planning an emergent curriculum that focuses on every child’s interests’.
- Donna from Little Stars Pre-School in Moville said she is ‘already incorporating changes to her practice and would highly recommend the programme to other Educators’.
- Carol from Naíonra Loch an Iúir said ‘Go raibh Maith Agat Avril. Bhain mé táitneamh iontach as an traenáil seo …Avril, thank you for providing high quality training courses and workshops especially for us early years educators her in Donegal. I have walked away from this training with a wealth of knowledge and information’
- Patricia from Rainbow Montessori said she now has ‘a new way of thinking about interactions with children’ and said ‘thank you for the inspirational training and we look forward to building on our skills’
- Staff from Learning Tree Montessori found the course positive and thoroughly enjoyable and would ‘highly recommend it to anyone in the early years sector as it makes planning much easier’.