Are time pressures inhibiting your ability to provide regular Support and Supervision for a large staff team?
Are you or your staff struggling to meet workload or morale challenges?
Would you like to avail of a Professional Support and Supervision Package customised to your service in line with Regulation 10?
The Support and Supervision of staff is an effective mechanism to reflect on practice, to reinforce strengths and to overcome challenges across your staff team. The implementation of staff supervision is also a regulatory requirement of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Amendment) Regulations 2016.
Meantóir can provide a customised Staff Support and Supervision Package that will form part of your external quality supports, by putting a system of support and supervision in place.
This package will include:
– A consultation meeting to discuss support and supervision needs and agree a customised response for your staff
– A revised support and Supervision policy customised for your service in line with new procedures and Regulation 10
– Scheduled structured support and supervision meetings with either individual staff members or room teams as decided
– Action focussed target setting, feedback and appraisal
– A Quality Enhancement Report on completion of the process
– Training for relevant Line Managers to continue implementation following mentoring.
The Regulatory Requirement for Staff Supervision
Regulation 10 of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 requires a service provider to develop and implement a Staff Supervision Policy and to provide evidence to the Inspectorate of how this is implemented. This includes that:
– There is evidence of the staff supervision policy being implemented.
– Relevant staff know the requirements, and have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities in relation to the staff supervision policy.
– Relevant staff have received training on the staff supervision policy.