The ‘Loose Parts’ theory of play is about remembering that the best play comes from things that allow children to play in many ways and on many different levels. The play environment needs to promote and support imaginative play though the provision of ‘loose parts’ in a way that doesn’t direct play and play opportunities but allows children to develop their own ideas and explore their world.
The Meantóir ‘Loose Parts Play‘ programme is very practical with lots of visual ideas to help educators provide open ended resources to enrich activities for babies, toddlers, preschool and after school children. Activities suitable for both indoors and outdoors are included. Hopefully, it will inspire you to make loose parts play a significant component of your emergent curriculum.
1. Loose parts play and the benefits for children
2. Connections with Síolta, Aistear and good pedagogical practice
3. Resourcing your setting with loose parts
4. Adapting loose parts for babies, toddlers, pre-school and school age children
5. Seeing Aistear learning goals through loose parts play
6. Indoor and outdoor activities to try…
If you are already registered, you can access the programme at www.earlyedcpd.ie If not, simply register your name and email to create your Personal Development Profile on the platform.
Why is our CPD Platform different?
As well as programmes being unlimited in number, you can build a personal CPD Profile that moves with you if you leave an early childhood service. As you complete various courses over time, the following information is retained in your personal profile accessible by your personal email and password:
• Course titles undertaken and dates of completion
• A copy of your personalised certificate
• Reference documents for each programme
• Once registered, you will receive an automatic email if we upload a new programme.
*If you would like to purchase this programme on behalf of 5 members of staff or over, contact us and we can make arrangements for one payment transfer. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org