The Meantóir e-CPD (continuing professional development) platform currently has 6 training programmes live on the platform – each one designed so that educators can make realistic and sustainable changes to early childhood practice. Each programme includes practical examples, tips for implementation, templates and additional reference documents. A personalised certificate of participation is also included. Courses range from €25-30 each.
1. ‘Planning for Emergent Curriculum’ – the implementation of the emergent approach to planning for 0-3’s and pre-school children including inquiry-based activities and sample planning templates.
2. ‘Strength-based Writing’ – writing learning stories, observations and completing reports using a strength-based approach. Practical examples of strength-based writing are included.
3. ‘Creating Learning Stories’ – writing meaningful, jargon free learning stories that don’t take all day! Plenty of examples and templates included.
4. ‘Enabling Transition’ – practical ideas for planning and managing transitions from pre-school to primary school including sample transition examples.
5. ‘Settling in Softly’ – using a curriculum of care for the settling in period when joining/rejoining the early childhood service. This programme focusses on children’s emotional development and educator self-care.
6. ‘A look inside Mosaic’– a free overview of the amazing MOSAIC Learning Story App with sample learning stories, picture stories and voice stories.
All programmes are limitless and can be accessed at www.earlyedcpd.ie Simply register a name and email to create a personal development profile on the platform. As courses are undertaken, the course titles, dates of completion and any associated reference documents will be saved in a personal CPD record for each registered participant (accessed with a personal password).
Past certificates are also saved in the personal CPD profile in the event additional copies are required.